A deliciously rich low carb chocolate lava cake with a gooey molten centre. Only 5 ingredients and sugar-free.
I love lava cakes. They are so rich and chocolatey and I love breaking the cake open to reveal the molten centre. So, of course, I had to create a low carb version. This recipe is actually easier than my other regular lava cake recipe.
MAKE KETO LAVA CHOCOLATE CAKES
Get the best you can afford, with a high cocoa solids content. 90% is great, or go the whole 9 yards and get 100% unsweetened chocolate.
This is a generously sized dessert and if you’re interested in keeping a low carb count, this will make a difference. It will also affect the taste – a cheap choccie full of vegetable oils just won’t make you swoon.
- 2-ounce darkish chocolate (55g), at least 85% cocoa solids
- 1 tbsp splendid-first-rate almond flour
- 2 ounces butter unsalted, plus greater for greasing ramekins
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp powdered sweetener or greater, depending at the chocolate
- Heat oven to 175 Celsius/350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 ramekins with butter.
- Melt the chocolate and butter and stir to mix.
- Beat your eggs properly – nice with a mixer.
- Add to the chocolate/butter mix together with almond flour and sweetener and stir. You’ll get a dough-like consistency this is pourable.
- Pour into 2 ramekins.
- Bake nine minutes until the top is set but still jiggly. Do now not over-bake!
- Turn out onto plates and serve with a dusting of powdered sweetener and pomegranate seeds or more than one raspberries. A mint leaf could round off the look well!